Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week

The Canadian and I took the boys to church yesterday, Palm Sunday.  I am such a nerd! I almost cried thinking of Jesus riding in to town, knowing what was ahead of him.  During the service, we had communion and it was probably the most special for me, yet.  I so look forward to the day when my husband and boys take communion with me.  I have faith in the answer to that prayer.  In your time, Lord.
Later that afternoon, B spent a long time working on a drawing of "Jesus and his guys".  I enjoy him so much!
The young artist begins work by drawing God, Jesus and Jonah.
It seems each year, Easter is becoming more special to me.  It is still kind of hard since most of my immediate family is not interested.  In fact, it is quite difficult when you don't have spiritual unity within your family, and when some of the people you love and admire the most think it is all a farce - but I press on! :)  I try to remain focused on my boys.  Their spiritual upbringing is most important to me.  I am thankful that some of my family will humor me on Easter and make an appearance at church.  It means more to me than they will ever know for B and b to have that memory.  
I did have a nice discussion with my grandmother this weekend.  She pulled out my great grandmother's Bible and showed me some special notes written inside.  I am going to go back and photograph some of those and share them later.  I am thankful for the godly women in my life.  There is something very comforting in having strong women of faith in my heritage.  I plan to follow in the path of my grandmothers, and pray that my boys will, too.  I have big shoes to fill in that regard.
b curled up in the chair with my grandmother, his bff,  this weekend.
Blessings to all during this holiest of weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I think spirituality is so important to impart to our kids. To me it's important to believe in something - no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kerri! So many of my thougts echo yours. Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays but this year it seems sad. . Although I have been saved for 10years now I have never really thought too much about this special holiday and what Jesus had to endure. Crazy, I know. To most it is only about the Easter bunny and the great egg hunt which is so sad. This year my children will know the true meaning of Easter and how Jesus died and was risen on this very special day!

    I have been praying earnestly for my family to be saved as Brandon and I are the only ones on either side other than his grandmother that are. I will also remember your family as well and pray for their salvation.

    We are doing an illustrated sermon "HE IS RISEN" at our church Sat and Sun night. If you don't have plans yall should come. First Assembly on 280.

    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...