Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Exhaustion

I am exhausted from Easter!  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays...Spring, new clothes, robin eggs, Jesus, etc. (and not in that order of course), however, I am tired from a busy weekend!
{~thursday~}
B had a super fast and fun Easter Egg hunt at his school.  I heard one of the parents say it took them about 30-45 minutes to hide the eggs and the kids found them all in about 3 minutes - tops!
I am not exactly sure where it came from, but B spent most of the weekend talking about his "precious little eggs" and he wanted to protect and accumulate more and more.

{~saturday~}
Quickly becoming a yearly tradition at Casa de Mann is watching the Ten Commandments and dying Easter eggs.  I think it may be the Canadian's yearly Bible lesson of sorts -  you might remember this episode from last year.
This year it was even more interesting, since I just read the whole story in the One Year Bible Challenge.  For the first time, I noticed several liberties the filmmakers took with the story of Moses, both in specific events and in the interpretation.  Also for the first time, I also noticed that Moses' wife is played by Yvonne de Carlo, aka Lily Munster!!


{~sunday~}
Easter morning came bright and early.  The boys ate chocolate and candy for breakfast, and throughout the day.  Later they had chips, and even later at bed time they had "the belly ache".  I suppose it is an Easter tradition, too.  I was thinking we should give out Pepto Bismal chewables with the baskets and just nip it from the get-go.

{~~~}
I could not get cooperation for pictures this year. SIGH.  I really just want a few good shots to get us through, but no one would cooperate at the same time.  I am having a hard time with getting the boys to look at the camera these days.  It is pretty frustrating for this Mama Paparazzo.


The Canadian can barely operate the camera and won't even try to do more that one or 2 snaps for me.  I don't love having my picture taken, but I try to be in a couple of shots for the boys' to have as mementos.
The Canadian refuses pictures for the most part these days.  After the horribly miserable faces he made last year, I decided I wouldn't make him.  He frowns because he doesn't want his picture made, but in pictures it gives the impression that he hates the world and us too...
{exhibit A}
Last year's Mad at the World face.

{~~~}
We all went to church, and enjoyed having my Mother, Sister & Niece visit with us.  The service was great!  Afterward, they had a helicopter fly in and drop Easter eggs for the kids.  Yes, I said HELICOPTER.  The kids loved it - and so did the folks standing around me -  who enjoyed the fact that as the copter flew in and came low, the gusts of wind blew my dress up around my ears!  I had on large granny panties - and I have not decided yet if I'll count that as a good thing or a bad thing.
Later, we spent the day swimming and grilling in the back yard.  I finally got in the pool.  B made his first trips off of the diving board for the year and b made his first trips off of the diving board ever.  I didn't have the camera, though, because I was too tired to go inside and find it.  Which reminds me...I need to go rest some more...
Happy Monday to All!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

6 comments:

  1. Fun weekend! I broke mine into two posts because it was too much to "deal with" at one time!

    I am in favor of making the Monday following Easter a mandatory holiday so we can recover from all of the hooplah.

    P.S. I wish I could have been there to point and laugh, err, I mean see your dress around your ears! I hope someone was entertained! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll had lots of fun! Thanks for referring back to the post from last year a/b the Pharren...have to keep Doug around for the laughs he gives us lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was constantly trying to stay one step ahead of the chocolage gorge. As soon as Deaglan had collected them, I was sneaking ziploc baggies full into the freezer. It's been a day of detox around here. Love those pics of your handsome little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new Easter tradition, just perfect!!

    I love all your pics. Looks like a great weekend.

    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA at the granny panties! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine FletcherApril 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM

    Regardless of the granny panties, you were one HOT momma Easter Sunday!

    I've missed you guys these two weeks! Love catching up via the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...