Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wee Bit Wednesday!





{one} what color is your kitchen?
nil

{two} do you have a good luck charm?
no
sidenote: remember those rabbit feet we had back in the day?  I think I had a green, purple and blue one.  seems rather barbaric when I think about that now.  I still remember what those "finger nails" felt like deep in the soft rabbit fur.

{three} do you prefer to write with a pen or pencil?
depends on what I am writing, I love Pilot G-2 10s or yellow wooden pencils - sharp

{four} can you use chopsticks?
yes

{five} do you prefer baths or showers?
showers, haven't had time for a bath in years...

{six} what is your favorite salad dressing?
ginger, or oil & vinegar

{seven} can you sing the alphabet backwards?
I have been on a Starbucks and coffee fast since February 28th, I am not sure if I can even sing it forward.

{eight} do you have any allergies?
yes, a million.  I get 2 shots a week and take daily meds for the airborne ones.  I have to carry an epipen.  All of my friends at work are DYING to get to stab me with it - what does this say about them/me?
As a side note, this past Friday, I had an allergic reaction to medication, which is also common for me as well.  Remember when I fell and hurt my knee a couple of weeks ago?  Well, walking funny on the knee made my back start hurting.  A few days later, I went to pick up b and I fell to the ground.  Back. Went. Out.  Luckily he landed on his feet.  I had to be taken to the doctor.  The doc could see the knotted muscles in my back and ordered a pain injection and muscle relaxers.  I was concerned and said, "I don't do well with narcotics," but he assured me this one was synthetic narcotic and it didn't have those crazy side effects.  Well, 30 minutes later, I was rushed to the ER because my throat was swelling shut, my eyes, lips, face and neck were huge and I couldn't breathe.  Yes, I am apparently I allergic to synthetic narcotics, too.  My blood pressure was 210/182.  
I thought I might die.  
Luckily, when you are rushed in the ER looking like I did and not able to breathe, you get immediate attention.  They did a quick IV and flushed a steroid and Benadryl to stop the reaction.  It took me a few days to get it all out of my system.  I have had several reactions to prescribed drugs through the years.  I think it is great that I was never a drug user as I am probably the person who would have died  with her first "hit" of something illegal.

{nine} crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
both, and I like the kind with flax seeds too

{ten} have you ever hitch hiked?
yes (I know)

Link up over at Leigh Ashley's!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that allergic reaction stuff is very scary. After reading about your experience I realized my heart was racing and I was all stressed out! Scary stuff. Now go yell at your doctor for giving you that medication :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I though my answer to the allergy question was long! Aren't allergies such a pain? And so far you're the only other person I've seen who will admit to hitchhiking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, allow me to say I'm glad you're still here! You had a rough week with the knee, the back and then the trip to the ER. Wow! I really hope you are feeling better and over the worst. I'm so sorry! Is there another way to treat your knee and back without narcotics? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flax seed peanut butter?? I would love that - wonder if we have it up here. Yikes about your fall and then your back and then to the doc!!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...