Friday, March 11, 2011

Peaceful Easy Evening

We're having a peaceful, easy evening at Casa de Mann and everyone is hanging out in my bed.  Sometimes that gets on my nerves, but I know one day I will miss it.
b is out like a light.  I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge that this is one major factor attributing to the peace we are enjoying up in here.  He is so precious, though.
B is on YouTube repeatedly playing Elvis' Kentucky Rain, and Tim McGraw's Everywhere.  He is a little more than obsessed with songs about states right now.  He'll be out soon, too.
I am digging in to Beth Moore.  Still working through The Patriarchs.  LOVE it. Tonight, I am reading about breaking generational strongholds and praying that God will reveal those things to me which I need to be intentional about not passing on.  I am real good at seeing those things the Canadian shouldn't pass on, but I think I might be scared/shocked/surprised to see the mirror crystal clear in front of my face, too.  
The Canadian will be barging in soon and turning the TV on to some loud basketball game, I am sure.  It will get right on my nerves.  Why does the sound have to be so loud on televised sporting events?  But, maybe tonight, I won't mind it as much.
I can't help but think about those struggling in crisis throughout the world tonight in Japan and other places around the globe.  So as I offer up prayers for them, I will snuggle deeper in this over-crowded bed and enjoy this moment where for this night, we are all here together, safe and sound.
Happy Weekend to all! 

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that, Kerri! Enjoy every moment with your family. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true Kerri, we need to be grateful even for our annoying-ish Canadian husbands. I can't imagine what those poor families in Japan are feeling. I have the same relationship with an overcrowded bed. Love it and it often gets on my last nerve.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...