Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life is a VAPOR

I am proud that our Church supports Vapor Sports Ministries.  I have been privileged to hear Micah McElveen speak on occasion at our church and love the concept of building soccer centers to support communities and share the gospel.
Vapor Sports Ministries establishes centers for humanitarian aid and sustainable life change in third-world environments. MyChurch Columbus believes in what the whole Vapor Team is doing. We partner with them to help change our world.  
This past weekend, a Vapor Thrift Store opened in our town.  Proceeds support Vapor Sports Ministries throughout the world. We stopped in and picked up a few things...
VAPOR tshirts are a must!  They have every color in the world - only $10 for a great cause!
Brand new soccer shoes - $5.00!  Perfect for b who is not really playing yet, but wants to think he is!

Comfortable perfect size chair!  Great condition, Globe of NC. This picture doesn't really capture the color well.  It is an almost sage green, but no matter, this baby is due for a recover!  only $55
Be sure to stop by the store to shop and drop off your donations!  Also, if you are looking for a way to get involved globally, check out Vapor's cool opportunities.  You can make a donation, sponsor a child, be the 12th man on the team here.
Life is a VAPOR, don't spend yours on the sidelines.  -James 4:14

6 comments:

  1. Yay you, looks like you scored girl!

    Thanks for sharing b/c this is the frist I have ever heard of VAPOR.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is such a cutie!
    Thanks for sharing...I've never heard of Vapor before...now I know!
    Those soccer cleats look brand spankin new-awesome! A great deal on the chair too...makes me want to go to the thrift store today! Unfortunately I have a full schedule today...maybe tomorrow!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the Vapor Thrift Store located, Kerri? I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of this ministry. I'm going to read more about it. It looks like something my boys would support also since they LOVE soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a wonderful organization! I love the thrift store idea to raise money for such worthy cause. We just signed Deaglan up for soccer. I can't wait to see these tiny boys running around in their gear!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...