Friday, February 4, 2011

{s.i.m.p.l.e. valentine crafts} v.4

{s.i.m.p.l.e. valentine crafts}
valentine's day decorating series, part 4

Welcome to part 4 of  {s.i.m.p.l.e. valentine crafts} series!  If you missed previous posts, check them out here.

This week, we have finally reached February, so I am going to take a break and show you how all of the crafts are looking together since I am now finished with the kitchen.  I have one more special simple project I am working on for next week, but it will be on display somewhere else in the house.

So, without further ado, here is how my simple little decorated kitchen looks - when it is clean, of course!  


You can see I added some inexpensive hand towels from JoAnn's.  Hand towels are always a simple way to add holiday decor to the kitchen.

I have started a simple tradition of having a coordinating holiday mug on display, or on "ready" I should say, at my Keurig.  This one came from JoAnn's, too.

As you can see our kitchen is nothing fancy, but these simple decorations help to spice it up.  Maybe one day I will be posting pictures of a fabulous new kitchen remodel! 

B, has been excited about the decorations, (of course).  The Canadian also made a comment one day and said, "What is this a love house or something?" He is totally against anything "girly".  I thought, "Ummm no!  I just randomly decided to put hearts up all over the house!"  *SIGH* I reminded him Valentine's Day was coming up.  That man is such a lunatic sometimes.

Anyway, stay tuned and comment and share if you have any special Valentine decorations going up!




5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love it.
    Part of me wants to do a little VDay decorating, but I just can't seem to get into the spirit this year:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stealing the hearts hanging off the branches idea. I'm having a wedding shower here next weekend and I need a few more ideas. Love it. I know what you mean about the husband getting bent out of shape over feminine things. I just add one item every few days and he doesn't seem to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing how all that red pops against the white is making me want to paint my cabinets. :-) It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red and pink look so cute against your white kitchen. I dream of a white kitchen...someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute ideas! I just bought that same mug for my hubby yesterday at Joann's :)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...