Monday, February 28, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

What a weekend.
Played 859 rounds of Spiderman & Friends Memory.
Took a break at Baskin Robbins.  B and b always order something crazy and then want to take over my Pistachio-Almond.
The Monkey Joe mascot made a surprise appearance which sent b back under the table.
He recovered and was back at unloading the kitchen cabinets that afternoon.
Later, we grilled some yummy mahi, lobster, sweet potatoes, and pineapple.
B wanted marshmallows for dessert.
With each one, he wanted us to blow it out and make a wish.
He had lots of wishes.  Most of which were about a family beach vacation.  He asked me what I wished for.
I hadn't made a wish.
Couldn't think of a thing to say.
Is my mind so marred in the muck of cold hard reality that I can't even remember what it is like to simply make a wish for fun anymore?
I need to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. Mascots really terrify little b, huh? Poor little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks delicious! I can't wait for the weather around here to resemble yours! Marshmallow roasting will definitely be on the agenda! Fun, fun, fun.

    And I know what you mean about forgetting how to be a carefree kid. I gues that's what they're in our lives for, to remind us.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...