Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Home Tour Tuesday

This week, I am joining Daphne for Home Tour Tuesday...
The White Room {show us your Linen Closet}

Before I had children, my towels were all coordinated and matched the theme of my bathrooms.  They were all neatly folded and stacked next to matching wash cloths, which were neatly folded and coordinated with the towel stack - so if a yellow towel was on the bottom, then a yellow wash cloth was on the bottom.  Seriously.  My sheets were stored the same way.  Today, it is more of a hodgepodge...

Can you spot the towels folded by the Canadian?  He is getting better - and I am getting better at resisting the urge to refold them.  I am trying to be thankful for the effort, as I know I should be!

I had to give up one shelf to store items from my hoarding  couponing adventures.  I am trying not to feel panicked that I am down to only 5 of most items.  Seriously.  
You might notice the Clinique up there, too - why, you ask?  Because b can find it no matter where I put it, hide it, etc., and is obsessed with sneaking it off to empty it out.  I have no idea why a 3 year old is SO obsessed with emptying out tubs of expensive skin care!

This summer, I plan to weed out the linens.   I periodically get a large stack of inexpensive bath cloths and throw out whatever I have on hand.  I buy a fresh stack of beach towels for the summer since we are at the pool 24-7.  I only have 1 queen bed left in the house and don't need all of those sets anymore.  I also don't need 459 pillowcases.  *SIGH* 

Hope your Tuesday is "neatly folded" but not necessarily color coordinated! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your Canadian folds towels much better than my Blub does! Oh dear. Why are men incapable of such a simple task? It's really, really not hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stash. My mother color coordinates her towels too and always has. I didn't want to deal with that so I just bought one color for both bathrooms

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...