Friday, January 7, 2011

This should have been a bad week...



This should have been a bad week...
...but it wasn't.


The Canadian has been away all week.  I work 2 jobs.  I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old -  who have asked for their Daddy every day,
...but we have survived.


Being the first week back after Christmas Break, it should have been hectic at job #1, 
...but it wasn't too bad.


My 2 night classes at job #2 started this week,  
...but my students are great, my Mother helped with the boys, and let's not forget, I can teach in my pjs.


I had to drop off my car at the shop,
...but a friend picked me up and the repair ended up costing $0.


I had to take B to hockey practice alone, for the first time,
...but a friend came and helped tighten the skates and filled in as Coach while the Canadian was away.



We are still recouping from a difficult year,
...but 2 major problems were solved - and I won 2 prizes from bloggy friends this week.



The house is still a wreck by my standards,
...but I haven't let it bother me (which is a major milestone).


and most importantly...


Earlier this week, My Mother & my kids entered her house as a burglar was running out, 
...but no one was harmed.


This week was not perfect.  This week had many challenges.  Bad things happened this week.  I cried this week.  A lot. But I felt okay, and I felt calm, comforted, and peaceful throughout what could have been total chaos.


Why?


Here's my theory...


1 - I reached out and accepted the help and support of family and friends.
2 - I focused on what I was grateful for every day, and even noted it on my Facebook status.
3 - I stayed in prayer.
4 - I felt like others were praying for me. I really felt it.
5 - I read scriptures.  I want to share one...


“You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.” Genesis 16:13


When Hagar had run away and was alone and in utter despair, God came after her. He saw her. When no one else did. In those darkest moments of aloneness and sadness, and when no one else saw her pain - He did.


He sees me, through it all, and I am thankful.


He sees you, too. What are you thankful for this week?

4 comments:

  1. So thankful to hear this...you inspire me woman ;) *hugs* g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived the week.
    And very glad your mother and kiddos were not harmed by the burgler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! God bless!!! We're your newest followers from the Friday Blog Hop! Hop on over to our little bloggy world and see what we've got goin' on. If ya like us, we'd love to have you.

    your new friends,
    koco & viking

    kocoandviking.blogspot.com

    p.s. We have a cool giveaway going on! If you have a current giveaway you can linky up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning from Tokyo!

    A southern expat, I found your blog via my dear friend, Ruth (see above!). I wanted to let you know how much your perspective on your week inspired me. That prayer was at the heart of each situation moved me all the more. It reminded me just how important it is, and how much we need it in our lives.

    Keeping your family in our prayers, and hoping to be in yours...

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...