Monday, January 10, 2011

Miscellany Monday...SNOW DAY!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Today is a SNOW DAY!
Snow Day = I get to be a stay-at-home Mom!
Pajamas, coffee, Valentine crafts, board games with the kiddos are all on tap for today...and maybe some laundry.
I will have to do separate posts later.

I really don't like the snow, but I do like to stay home with the boys. They love snow, so I will like it by default.
In my lifetime it has rarely ever snowed here.  Recently, it has snowed at least once each winter, and it just snowed on Christmas - for the first time ever!
B has been wishing for snow. I blame him.

When it snows, the whole town shuts down.  We simply don't have snow equipment and such.  The roads are dangerous - due to ice and due to people who don't know how to drive in it.
As soon as the weather report includes possible snow, people rush to the grocery stores and buy up all the milk and bread.  They go to Walmart and buy out the batteries.  It is crazy!

Here are a couple of my favorites from yesterday's pre-snow day statuses and tweets...

winter storm on the way! go get your milk and bread, the world is about to come to a sudden stop here in the south.

ipad, ipod, cellies, game boys, mini DVDs, nook, laptops charging in prepping for #columbusapocolypse2011. 


wondering if this whole "snow day" thing is a college football fan conspiracy


It was rough getting everything we needed from Publix late this afternoon. I especially hated knocking down the old lady for the last marble rye, but that's the way I roll.


To all of you wishing for snow, I wish the hottest summer ever recorded this side of the Chattahoochee! I don't care what month it is, this is still the SOUTH!


I am taking a large sleeping pill and going to bed! Night all - stay safe and warm!


***********************************************************
and one last Misc. Monday thing...


So, in reflecting on the post I wrote last week, I have selected perception as my Word of the Year for 2011.
Things are going to happen this year.  
If I only see the bad in those things, then it is all bad.  If I seek to find what is good in it, then there is good.  
I can choose my focus.  
I can choose the perception I will have in 2011. 

whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 
Philippians 4:8
Lisa Leonard Designs is giving away a $50 gift certificate. 
It would be so cool to win and use it to order one of those beautiful necklaces, engraved with my word!
Cruise on over to Carissa's blog and you can enter the contest, too!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Monday!

    I am thrilled for you to get to stay home and do all these fun things- sounds like the perfect day, ENJOY!

    I love your word for the year. ABSOLUTE love it. I may need to find me a word;)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your snow day! The storm's reaching us on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am home today too. I wish I was at work as there is already a huge pile of stuff there. But it was to much to drive in this morning. I was one of those wishing it didn't happen.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i rarely get snow, if ever. hope you had a good snow day! i love all the snow statuses!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...