Monday, January 31, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. A much needed reprieve...
The weather this weekend was "fantabulous"!  We delighted in the sunshine and stayed outside all day.  But alas, the rain and gloominess has returned. Hurry up Spring!

2. Oh the fun of 5 year old wisdom ...
This weekend, B told me there was a new kid at Church who "punched him and hit him" and "did bad things".  I told him that we'd just have to pray for this child and B replied, "Okay, but he doesn't listen to God."

3. Speaking of Church...
Our Pastor challenged us to set some relationship goals, to help us take our relationships with our spouse, children, and others to the next level.  He stressed that our relationship with God is the most important (of course) and that it influences our other relationships.  
All of that got me to thinking...in the past I have spent so much time focusing on how to specifically improve certain relationships.  I have read marriage books, and parenting books, success books, and such, in focusing my attention on enhancing and improving relationships with others.
I think I am going to revert a bit and focus specifically on improving my relationship with God.  I am curious to see if maybe my other relationships will then improve, by default. 




Happy Monday Yall!

8 comments:

  1. Now, that #2 made me LOL...B is funny:)

    It's horrid weather here too...ugh!

    I hope you have a great week,
    Daph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts on #3! That's a nice reminder for me, too. I think that is what will happen by default... I. Must. Do. This.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the weather did rock! Just enough warmth and sunshine to cause us all to have spring fever! And I think I had the kid that doesn't listen to God was in the class I kept at church yesterday...maybe they are cousins?!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the perspective on #3...really gives me something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you work so hard to improve your life. Very few people do. I also love that your son is wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I do love your number 3. Funny how we miss the simple truth sometimes.
    I love your blog.
    Following along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love #2 LOL. My little one is five too and love the things they come up with. I think you are right on #3. Wish you a happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...