Monday, January 17, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

And here we are again with another Miscellany Monday, wasn't it just Monday the other day?  These 4 day work weeks (plus the sick day I had last week) have me wayyy off track.

You know you hear some people say, "I don't know what I ever did before I had kids."  Well, let me assure you, I know exactly what I did.  I did things like...
  • I would stay in bed until I decided to get up on holidays and weekends
  • I went to the gym at my leisure and stayed for as long as I liked
  • I went for 4 mile walks, 5 times a week, down the local Riverwalk
  • I took long peaceful showers
  • I could easily run out to the store if I needed something
  • I would pick up and leave town on a whim with the Canadian 
  • I spent long days reading books in the sunshine
  • I went out to restaurants and enjoyed the meal and conversations
  • I used my toothbrush - without checking it first
I did all of those things - and it was great...but this life is so much better...
Now, I'm off to enjoy more of this messy, loud, exhausting, chaotic, great life, hope you enjoy your holiday, too!
** you can link up at Carissa's to share your Miscellany Monday here **

8 comments:

  1. I will give you a BIG AMEN to that!! These are the best days, aren't they? These are things that money can't buy:)

    Happy Monday,
    Daph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner and enjoying the conversation? Hold on...yes, I do remember that. And I just have one, shuttering at the thought of two small people spitting their food out after every other bite. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right? I can't believe how easily I could just hop in the car and go to the drug store (in Canada it's Shopper's Drug Mart and where we girls spend a lot of money on makeup, hair products and other fun things). These days, I need to make plans several days ahead and then remind my husband several times that next tuesday at 2pm I am going to go to Shopper's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I sometimes miss the "old" days, but I'd never trade the "new" days! Life is so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collage !!! And love your list ! And agree with ya, THIS life is SOOOOO much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....sigh....I did all those things too before I had kids...and I do miss them!
    Love the collage that you made, that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post Kerri! I've been TTC for 5 months and the only thing that gets me through each month without a positive pregnancy test is knowing that I have a little more time left to be all about me and my husband :)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...