Thursday, January 6, 2011

Health Check - Week 2


So, last week I started my weekly Health Check posts.  To follow up from Week 1:
  • I have stuck to the commitment the daily OJ and banana
  • I was successful in cutting back 1 one "loaded" coffee daily and having the rest decaf
  • I do feel better.  I have not felt as agitated or had any episodes of the racing heartbeat and pulse.  Maybe it is helping - or maybe it is all psychosomatic - either way I feel better! :)
This week's focus:
Running  I got back on the treadmill yesterday running for the first time in almost 3 weeks (because I had been sick and I had the unending sinus/cough preventing me from breathing well enough to run).  I am just so amazed at how well I can run now.  Last spring, I could not run without reaching near hyperventilation and seriously thinking I might die going through c25K, but all of that is a distant memory now.  I can run as long as I want without getting winded.  
Problem is... I still don't like to run.  I just do it.  

Tracking Weight Watchers PointsPlus points.  I am over the whining about the change - I promise!  I am really committing to using the tracker this week.  It is the only way for me to conquer and learn the new Points Plus program.  I am going to post a picture of my tracker next week to prove that I kept this commitment.  

as a side note...found that these mini Slim Jims are 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus value each - now isn't that hysterical that I put that on a "keep your health in check" post?? 
P.S. I was down 1.6 pounds at weigh-in today  - yay me!

What are you doing to keep your health in check?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you!! I'm trying to be more committed to eating "real" food from now on. We've been cutting back on our eating out throughout the week, and it makes me feel a lot better about what I'm putting in my body! Good luck on week 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you on the weight loss. That is to funny that the slim Jim's are so low in points.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...