Tuesday, January 11, 2011

80s Music Flashback


So, last week, I decided to start an 80s Music Flashback weekly in honor of my upcoming 20th reunion.  You can read more about it here.


This week's song is.....
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
by The Police
1981

Favorite Lyric:
I resolved to call her up a thousand times a day 
And ask her if she'll marry me in some old fashioned way 

Chorus:
Every little thing she does is magic 
Everything she does just turns me on 
Even though my life before was tragic 
Now I know my love for her goes on 

Flash Back:
I love the Police - I love them!  I love the poetic nature to their songs.  I love that Sting was an English teacher.  I remember when he was in that movie - The Bride - I must have watched it 100 times - obsessed!  

I don't know that I could 100% select my favorite Police song, as so many have special lines and memories for me, like...

Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
Vanish in the air you'll never find me

-from Wrapped Around Your Finger

A hundred billion castaways 
Looking for a home 

-
from Message in A Bottle

Some may say
I'm wishing my days away no way
And if it's the price I pay, some say
Tomorrow's another day, you'll stay
I may as well play

-
from Walking On The Moon

Flash Forward:
The Canadian noticed the way I genuinely LOVE this song....probably due to my loud singing and giant smile.  It really just takes me back to that fun, young, carefree time and how can you not be deliriously happy about that?  Well, he even asked me once, if this was a special song for me and an old boyfriend or something!  LOL!  I should have said, "Heck, yeah - me and Gordon!" and in case you don't know...Gordon Sumner = Sting. ;)

Watch/listen here
What's your favorite Police song?  I know you have one!

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOVE every little thing she does is magic! It's one of the songs I clean my house to! Because house cleaning definitely needs a soundtrack :)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...