Friday, December 3, 2010

Vintage or Trash?

So I was over visiting Lisa Leonard Designs and admiring her photos of vintage Christmas items and of her lovely front porch decorated for Christmas...
 Simply Amazing!
...and then I remembered the only Christmas decoration I have that might be considered vintage....


My Mother made this macrame' wreath at some point in the late 1970s or early 1980s.  When I was a kid, it hung on our door during every Christmas season.  Last year we came across it while cleaning out my Grandmother's attic.  My Mother insisted it was "junk" and that we should throw it out.

I decided the memories it brought back, especially with every little jingle of the bells, meant that it had to stay.  After many years in a dusty attic, this holiday season it hangs on my front door.

So what do you think?  
Is it Vintage or Trash?

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!! I haven't see that thing in YEARS!!!!! I remember it being hung up EVERY year!!! Wow, I just had MAJOR flashbacks of Christmas when we were little...lol
    BTW - yes, I, Jennifer Nason, the ULTIMATE thrower outer says you simply can NOT throw this lovely piece of craftmanship out!! It is a Patti Original!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - Just wait til you hear the jingle of the bells - it will take you WAYYYYYYY back in an instant!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...