Today, I find JOY in remembering some things B the 4 year old has said to me this past week about Jesus.
Thoughts on a birthday...
- Me: How was your Christmas Party at school today?
- B: Well, we had a birthday party for Jesus, but he didn't show up.
- Me: Jesus didn't show up?
- B: Right, so it was William's birthday and we sang to him.
While singing his Christmas program songs in the car, Smart Mom (me) decides to try to connect the dots with Jesus and Christmas for a Smart-er 4 year old...
- Smart Mom: Oh, wow, that Christmas song is about Jesus when he was born in the manger.
- Smarter 4 year old: Actually, Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
B has still been playing with our "expensive" nativity scene. It has been funny to see all of these Bible characters strewn on the floor with Buzz, Woody, and Handy Manny.
Here are a few shots he staged and shot with my camera.
He asked me how tiny Jesus was when he was born. I told him, small like a regular baby.
I told him when Jesus was born, God came to live on earth with us, and even though he is back in Heaven now, he lives in our hearts. He said, "Does everybody have a buncha buncha Jesus in our hearts?" I told him that I sure hoped so.
Maybe he has grasped a little bit of the Reason for the Season after all. That gives me JOY.