Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Daily 4 Joy

Okay so our Pastor spoke today on JOY.  Some of us especially ME have allowed ourselves to be robbed of the gift of JOY, and have also robbed others of their JOY...especially here, in this Christmas season, where we should remember He was sent to bring us JOY.
Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great JOY for all the people."
Below are some tips and verses our Pastor offered to help us FIND our JOY every day, and KEEP it.  
I am going to read these daily throughout the month and try my best to stay JOYFUL.  
Not just for myself, but for the sake of my children and everyone around me.

(1) Make the choice every day.  Choose JOY.
Hebrews 12:1 let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

(2) Develop a high appreciation for life.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

(3) Find something positive in everything.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

(4) Turn everything over to God.
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

and don't forget...

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your HEART, for it is the wellspring of LIFE. 
**Don't let the enemy and conditions like  -ungratefulness, unholiness, unforgiveness, and being unloving- ROB you of your JOY!


So there you have it!  Will you join me in spreading JOY this season?
and really, I hope I am so JOYFUL that I make you all SICK!!  LOL ;))



4 comments:

  1. love this... thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I think I should print this this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, think I may need to print off this list. Thanks for some great reminders.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choosing joy can feel so difficult, but once we get in the habit of it what blessings we receive from our choice.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...