Monday, December 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday | Christmas Miracles

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
So, even though everyone was sick, 

and we were totally unready, and a few other issues occurred which I won't dwell on, some things did go right this Christmas, and in fact seemed like miracles in a way and brought true joy.
My Dad came to Christmas dinner.  My parents have been divorced for 17 years from each other.  This past year, they both divorced from their current spouses.  So this Christmas, my Dad came to my Mother's for Christmas day dinner and we had the whole family together in one spot with out having to run around.  I thought it would be weird, and possibly throw off my chi (ha!), but it was so NICE. Just a simple, pleasant time with family.

While we did try to focus on the true meaning of the holiday, my boys had a blast and received some special toys they had put on their wish list.  I was thankful to be able to give them a nice Christmas in such an unkind economic time.




And then, it snowed.  We live in Georgia. According to our local weather station, it has never snowed in our town on Christmas. Never. Ever.  To quote them, "unprecedented".
 It seemed like Mother Nature's way of trumping all store-bought gifts.  Everyone on twitter/facebook was so excited and posting about the snow.  It was truly like a miracle.  It goes to show that what God creates, in all His glory, is so much more meaningful and special than anything that is "made in China".



I hope these are just a sign of the magically new and wonderful things to come in the New 2011 Year!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of the snow! I miss it sooooo much! I think it is so neat the you were able to have Christmas dinner with both of your parents. What a blessing! Your post below about the bacon made me laugh. I have never tried broiling the bacon but I will have to try it as it looks like a much cleaner and easier way to do it than what I do. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopping by from Misc Monday! Think I might follow you now :). I think that's amazing that your parents came together in one place for Christmas. What a nice thing. And the snow must really have seemed magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are adorable Kerri! Snow is nothing special around here but I remember living in Arizona and it snowed once and everyone went crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so wonderful that your parents could spend Christmas together. I love that it snowed for you. Believing with you for a miraculous 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...