Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas at MyChurch


So we went to MyChurch for the Christmas service today. It was a great morning! I was brave enough to sport my new from Emily Sparks slouchy beret. Am I too old? I hope not because it was fun!
The "Old Mann" came with us, so it was a special treat. B always says it is "much more funner if Daddy comes to Church with us". I felt like it was a special Christmas present of JOY to me from the big G. 
We were carried from our car to the door in this wagon. The seats were cushioned and covered in velour - surprisingly comfortable!
We had some hot chocolate and headed to the service. The band was playing my favorite song, and so I took that as further confirmation that G was shining down on us today.
We gave our Holiday Offering, and I was so thrilled to hear that part of the money will go to help Brooke & Brandon adopt! Check out Brooke's blog here.
It was a nice morning. But what I thought was a sign of a new direction was a misinterpretation. It was only a brief reprieve, a warning maybe, in preparing me for more disappointing news later in the day.
I have been trying really, really, really hard to focus on JOY this season, and not let circumstances distract me from what is most important.
I can't give up on that now.
For the JOY of the LORD is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10

3 comments:

  1. We had our Christmas program yesterday, too. It's a good way to start off the Christmas week, isn't it?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy comes in so many ways. It sometimes takes me awhile to even notice. I hope your Joy is found in the unexpected these next few days.
    Take care,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to be visiting so late from Dana's party.

    Sometimes it is hard to find joy...I certainly found some reading your post. A carriage ride to the church..oh how fun!

    Hope you're recovering well from a weekend of Merry and jolly.

    So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...