I remember when I thought I could have and be whatever I wanted. As a kid, this most often involved dreams of fame, fortune, etc.
It didn't take me long to learn I couldn't have or be whatever I wanted, and that often what I do have, and usually what I am, is simply that - whatever. Nothing particularly fabulous. Just whatever.
So, if I could have just whatever I wanted right now, I might do/have/be the following:
- A runner...who loves to run long distances through scenic natural trails. I tried running, even did C25K this summer, even still run regularly on the treadmill, but I don't like to run. At. All.
- Energetic...one of those Moms who always has more energy than humanly possible to do the most awesomely fun things. Most days I just want to lay down.
- Naturally thin...no counting points, or worrying about calories and exercise. *SIGH* I am just praying I won't gain back the weight I have lost during the upcoming holiday season.
- Eclectic...one of those people who can just throw things together, that don't match, but that "go" together. Instead, I am innately driven to make every space in my home like a hotel room.
- Earthy...growing my own herbs and veggies and cooking fabulous organic healthy meals for my family. Just thinking of that makes me tired.
- A Mom...a stay at home Mom. With 4 kids...or maybe 5. Scattered, crafty, and always there for every moment with my kids. I have my 2 boys and I love them dearly, but I cannot stay home with them, and there won't be any more children.
- Financially sound...with no worries of every little penny spent. Clipping coupons for fun, not survival.
- A traveler...traveling to both exotic and historically significant destinations, showing my kids the world. Impossible for me in this economy.
- A volunteer...involved in civic projects and going out to impoverished areas here and abroad doing whatever I can to help. There are not enough hours in the day for me to even do what is needed here, in my own home. *SIGH*
- Talented...in something like photography, arts and crafts, music, something, anything.
So, I cannot do or be any of these things. Whatever.
Guess I'll just try to focus on whatever I can do.
Whatever would you do? Comment & tell me. :)
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8