Saturday, November 6, 2010

Whatever

I remember when I thought I could have and be whatever I wanted. As a kid, this most often involved dreams of fame, fortune, etc.
It didn't take me long to learn I couldn't have or be whatever I wanted, and that often what I do have, and usually what I am, is simply that - whatever. Nothing particularly fabulous. Just whatever.
So, if I could have just whatever I wanted right now, I might do/have/be the following:
  1. A runner...who loves to run long distances through scenic natural trails. I tried running, even did C25K this summer, even still run regularly on the treadmill, but I don't like to run. At. All.
  2. Energetic...one of those Moms who always has more energy than humanly possible to do the most awesomely fun things. Most days I just want to lay down.
  3. Naturally thin...no counting points, or worrying about calories and exercise. *SIGH* I am just praying I won't gain back the weight I have lost during the upcoming holiday season.
  4. Eclectic...one of those people who can just throw things together, that don't match, but that "go" together. Instead, I am innately driven to make every space in my home like a hotel room.
  5. Earthy...growing my own herbs and veggies and cooking fabulous organic healthy meals for my family. Just thinking of that makes me tired.
  6. A Mom...a stay at home Mom. With 4 kids...or maybe 5. Scattered, crafty, and always there for every moment with my kids. I have my 2 boys and I love them dearly, but I cannot stay home with them, and there won't be any more children.
  7. Financially sound...with no worries of every little penny spent. Clipping coupons for fun, not survival.
  8. A traveler...traveling to both exotic and historically significant destinations, showing my kids the world. Impossible for me in this economy.
  9. A volunteer...involved in civic projects and going out to impoverished areas here and abroad doing whatever I can to help. There are not enough hours in the day for me to even do what is needed here, in my own home. *SIGH*
  10. Talented...in something like photography, arts and crafts, music, something, anything.
So, I cannot do or be any of these things. Whatever.
Guess I'll just try to focus on whatever I can do.

Whatever would you do? Comment & tell me. :)

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I have some of the same wants - be a distance runner and actually like it, be able to be a stay-at-home mom, be rich! But you know, would we really be happy then? I'm sure other wants would just step in and fill their place. And you know, there are probably people who look at you and say, "I wish I had...like she does."

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my list is long as well but I will only mention a few! I always wanted to be a vet, animals are one of my passions.
    Also, having enough land to be able to house an animal rescue center! Definitely wish I were one of those who lived to work out and did not dread every minute of it! I am though, a stay at home mom. I know that I am very blessed and I cherish each moment!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...