Saturday, October 23, 2010

So There Was No Rainbow

So I was feeling real down today. Real. Down.
And so, in my usual fashion, I felt guilty for feeling down, since I really have been so blessed.
The boys and I were in the back yard and Blayd began yelling, "Mommy! It's a rainbow!" I was sitting up on the porch swing, in the shade, wallowing in my perfect misery, and knowing good and well there was no rainbow.
But, he was excitedly jumping up and down and pointing, "Mommy! Rainbow! Mommy! Rainbow!"
Suddenly, I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream, and cry. Real. LOUD. I wanted to say, "Blayd, there IS NO rainbow!" And at that point, I really felt like not only was there not a rainbow, literally, in the sky, but that there also wasn't one figuratively, either. No. Promise. From. God. For. Me.
Blayd was persistent, and continued his chant, beckoning me to come over and see. So I got up and stepped into the sunshine to go look. And there it was. No rainbow.
But I did see what he was pointing at. A skywriter had come along earlier and made an arc in the blue heavens. And suddenly inside I screamed in my head, "SEE, THERE IS NO RAINBOW, and I couldn't even see it if there was one, because all I can do is focus on the storm! I AM SINKING!" And then I remembered...
Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward
Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:29-31

So, there was NO rainbow. But, there was a message for me. Written in the sky.
Listen to Storm, by Lifehouse Click Here
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...