Friday, July 16, 2010

High Seas Expedition!

This week, Brodie had his first VBS adventure! He went to Vacation Bible School at the church where his preschool is located, since our church does not have VBS. He had a blast! I was so excited for him. VBS used to be one of my most favorite summer activities. I remember loving the crafts and songs as a little kid, and as I got a little older I remember being excited about the boys – ha!

I really loved the themes of the High Seas Expedition VBS. Brodie learned that God’s Word is true, is comforting, is surprising, is life-changing, and is for everyone. I hope he will always remember to look to the Bible to guide him through life.

Also, he heard several stories about Peter and when I asked him if he knew who Peter was, and he said, “Yes, Peter Pan!” I guess he got the gist of it, though!

He loved the songs and so we bought the CD. He has performed all ten of them more times than I can count, now! I really like “Ancient Words”…words of life, words of hope, give us strength, help us cope, in this world where e’er we roam, ancient words will guide us home, ancient words, ever true changing me changing you…

1 comment:

  1. Yay for VBS! You know how much I love it. It's so much fun to watch the kids have fun and learn about God's love. So glad that Brodie enjoyed himself!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...