Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Day - Part Two!

After I dropped Brodie off this morning, my dear sweet friend, Karen, called to let me know she had peeked in on him when she dropped Camdyn off. She said he was in there playing like he'd been there all year. I was relieved.

Later, when I went to pick Brodie up after lunch, he was playing in the circle with his new friends and one of his teachers. They had puppets and he ran over to show me the rabbit. I tried not to think about the germs that may be on it - LOL! I am really not as bad with my idiosyncrasies as I used to be.

His teachers said he did great, and that he had a super day. The director told me she had been up to check on him as well, and that he was having a blast. I hope it lasts! He was proud of his classwork. He painted a polar bear, and learned about the letter C.

When we got in the car, I could tell he was exhausted. We drove by the restaurant on the way to Nanny's and Mother came out to the curb to say hello. He could hardly speak to her - he was totally wiped out! By the time we pulled in at Nanny's, he asked me if I could explain to her what he did at school. He was too tired to speak! Blayd was so excited to see him!

After I dropped him off and headed back to work, I started to "sink" as well. I am beyond exhausted! I am sure it is from being so worked up about the big day, and also because this was my daily naptime during the Christmas break! I really should be a stay-at-home Mom.

His classwork is actually behind us here. They have it hanging on a clip outside their door each day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like a great day! He is so cute - still a little boy, but growny at the same time! Glad you BOTH survived! Will he be going everyday? Fun, I want to go back to preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I am so glad B had a great day!!! I knew he would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti Gaines says...
    "I'm sooo relieved the first day is behind us. I could have cried every time I thought about him, but he is such a trooper!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad for ALL of you. I know this was a HUGE step for the family and I'm thrilled he handled it so well. So...he did let his teacher go ahead with the letter C huh...no "I" today? LOL
    Great pictures BTW

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...