Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brodie's First Day of Preschool!



Today is Brodie's first day of preschool! This morning, there was just something new in the air. I could just feel it. When Brodie got up, he asked me where his clothes were and wanted to get dressed "by himself" - with out me even looking. When he was dressed, he came to the top of the stairs and called for me to come look. He was so proud of himself and he looked so grown! He immediately came downstairs and went to the door, saying, "Come on, Mommy, I've got to go to school!" I reminded him that Blayd was still upstairs in the bed and that we'd have to get him first. :)

On the way to Nanny's house, Brodie said, "Mommy, you're taking me to school!" (in his where are you going??) tone. I reminded him that we had to drop Blayd off first at Nanny's. When we got there, he wanted me to leave the car door open so he could yell out to Nanny and let her know he was going to school.

When we finally got to the parking lot, he said, "I love this school." We took a few pictures outside and went upstairs to his room. The teacher showed him where she had put his name out by his clip for his work to be displayed, and in his storage cubby. He was excited about that, but he did turn to me with a fleeting unsure look on his face as he entered the room... but he was fine. He walked right over to one of the play centers and joined right in. As I walked away, I could hear the teacher saying, "Look everyone, this is our new friend, Brodie," and the tears started to roll - for me, of course!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Kerri, your pain and proudness is palpable! It's hard giving them some independence and trusting them to others but I know he will be a star student and have a lot of fun! Please post and let me know how his day was!! I'm excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Lynn Dacey - 1/5/2010

    He is just so grown up!! It isn't fair that they are little for such a short period of time. BUT this new phase is exciting. I hope he continues to "love this school" and that he makes new friends and enjoys learning. How cute is he???...super cute!

    Kerri, you are such a good mother to these wonderful boys! Thanks for giving this family two precious gifts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley Gilbert wrote:

    "Ok, I too wanted to comment on your blog posts and cant get it to work:( Anyway...so sweet I almost cried! Can't wait to hear the stories about what Brodie does at school everyday and tell Blayder not to worry he gets a new friend and someone HE can boss around in April!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...