Out of curiosity, I looked up the original release date of this song - it was 1980 - which means I was 7 years old. I spent a lot of time in those days, especially at night, worried about things like my parents dying, my family members dying, death in general, nuclear war, the end of the world, etc. I don't think I was the only kid who worried about those kinds of things. I hope I can always remember this, and never take for granted the worries and concerns of my own children.
Linked here is one list of 80s songs designated as creepy. I am not sure that I agree with the choices they included. In fact, some on that list are some of my favorites!
Here are some songs that used to give me that icky feeling. Do you have any you could add to the list?
- Dust in the Wind - Kansas
- Heat of the Moment - Asia
- Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
- Wishing You Were Here - Chicago
- I Wish We'd All Been Ready - Larry Norman (This one probably freaked out everyone, especially those who were also subjected to that movie at church - what were our parents thinking?!)