Monday, October 13, 2008

Farewell Blue, My First Son

I am very sad to report that Blue died last night. He got sick a couple of days ago and had some severe seizures. He slipped into a coma yesterday and died at 12:30am this morning. He was our son too, and he taught me how to be a mother and how to love something that wasn't always "clean". He was my baby boy until he had to step aside and be the big boy when our babies came home. Blue was a rare and uncommon dog who everyone liked and referred to as "cool". He was our companion and friend for almost our whole relationship and will be greatly missed.

For more details... click here.
More pics...click here





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Blue. He looked very happy to be part of your family in the pictures. We have a cat that we treat like our first born, too. I know you must be very sad. Pets ARE members of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri,
    I am so sorry to hear about Blue. I never knew how much a part of a family a pet could be until we got Sasha. I can only imagine the lost that you all must feel. Funny how Snell has said some of the same things about Sasha that you said about Blue -teaching you how to mother and care. Pets are gifts that give...unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...