Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our First Children

One of my friend's dog, Malinko, is ill. Our other friend, Leanna, own's Malinko's sister Lucy and she has posted about it on her blog. Her thoughts and pictures really take me back. I remember when Malinko was born. I remember hanging out at the Uptown Tap for Happy Hour with him and his sister Lucy. It was a different time and I was young and free... we all were.Anyway, Leanna also said something that really struck me. She said:

Poor, sweet dogs. They do nothing but love, love, love their families. ALWAYS happy to see you. They put up with children coming in the
house after they have been the center of attention for years and accept
their tails and ears being tugged on, being climbed on, slobbered on, etc.,
all the while waiting patiently for their turn for affection from us because
they realize that we have "new" priorities.Before we had children our dogs were our lives.

I can hardly stand to think about how hurt our dog, Blue, has been since we had the boys. Sometimes, I feel like he would love to just run away. Then, when I am around him, he just picks up right where we left off and loves me just the same - as though I have not been neglecting him. If only we could learn to do the same when people hurt us!
Want to see Malinko & Lucy...click here... and read about Faithful Servants...

2 comments:

  1. Leanna's post was sooo moving to me too! I was in tears reading it and kept going back for more! They ARE our faithful servants and their love for us is neverending. Thank you for posting about Malinko. Those were cute memories when they were lil' pups! I made Malinko's dr appt for this coming Tuesday for amputation. Yes, we will have a 3 legged "Linky" but I know he will be 100 times better off. We have tried ever measure possible to save his limb, but the cancer is pretty progressive. Soon he will be rid of his pains and burdens and I am sure he will be much happier! Thanks again honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That makes me cry all over again! I haven't been to your blog in a while and I'm catching up on all of this! I will go home and hold Lucy today!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...